Tjungu (pronounced tjoo-ngoo) means meeting together in local Anangu language. This four day festival celebrates the best of Australian Indigenous culture. The lively timetable of events features an array of experiences encompassing film, art, sport, music, food and fashion. The itineraries below ensures you have ample opportunity to participate in all of the cultural events, giving you time to absorb and experience all there is to see and do while in the Uluru- Kata Tjuta region.
Uluru and Kata Tjuta
- Getting Here & Getting Around Whether you arrive by air, car or coach – getting to Uluru is easy.
- Weather - Sunrise & Sunset Times Stay informed on the seasons and weather before you travel to Uluru.
- Uluru and Kata Tjuta National Park Surrounded by unique wildlife and spirit of the Anangu people’s Tjukurpa, the Park is a 'must do.'
- Anangu & Culture Form a connection with the traditional owners of Uluru Kata Tjuta and the surrounding land.
- Mutitjulu Foundation Considering the riches you will take away, why not leave a little something behind?
- Natural Environment The Red Centre's unique wildlife, rich flora, geology and astronomy will surprise you.
- Red Centre Alice Springs, Mt Conner & Kings Canyon are located in spiritual heart of Australia, the Red Centre.
- 2 Night Weekend Escape A 2 night weekend escape that’ll make you wish you’d booked that extra night.
- 3 Night Outback Adventure Discover the best the Australian outback has to offer in 3 adventure-packed nights.
- 3 Night Family Shortbreak Discover the heart of Australia with this 3 night family itinerary staying 5 Star.
- 5 Night Family Break Discover the heart of Australia with this 5 night family itinerary staying 5 Star.
- 3 Night Luxury & Indulgence The ultimate luxury & indulgence short break discovering the heart of Australia.
- 5 Night Luxury & Indulgence A luxurious & indulgent 5 night stay designed to fully discover the great Central Australian desert.
- Tjungu Festival Itineraries The best of Australian Indigenous culture in 4 days.
- 2 Night Luxury & Indulgence at Desert Gardens Hotel Immerse yourself in the Outback with this 2 night Luxury & Indulgence package with a view of Uluru from your balcony.
- 2 Night Luxury & Indulgence at Sails in the Desert Immerse yourself in the Outback with this 2 night Luxury & Indulgence 5 star package including breakfast daily.
Sails In The Desert
In the heart of Australia's Red Centre, Sails in the Desert contrasts Uluru's raw beauty.from $388 room only rate, min 2 night infoDesert Gardens Hotel
Centrally located and surrounded by magnificent ghost gums and flowering native shrubs.from $284 room only rate, min 2 night infoEmu Walk Apartments
These 4 star self contained apartments are sheltered behind gardens of native trees.from $293 room only rate, min 2 night infoOutback Pioneer Hotel
Perfect for the demands of travellers looking for quality service in relaxed surrounds.from $252 room only rate, min 2 night infoOutback Pioneer Lodge
Perfect for the budget minded traveller with comfortable budget rooms & hostel beds.from $38 dorm bed infoAyers Rock Campground
Pitch your tent on lush green grass under the shade of native desert oaks.from $36 Non-Powered Site infoLongitude 131°
Longitude 131° offers an exclusive experience of the Australian Outback.from $2200 All inclusive, min 2 night infoRed Centre Package
Combine the best of the Red Centre with a stay at Ayers Rock Resort and Kings Canyon Resortfrom $357 4 day + 3 night package, per person infoLuxury Uluru Special
Immerse yourself in the magic of this cultural living landscape in luxury.from $891 3 night package per person info
Around the Resort
- Dining & Bars From fine dining under the desert sky to a casual café lunch, choose from 15 dining options.
- Red Ochre Spa Relax in the heart of the Australian outback with a visit to the Red Ochre Spa.
- Art & Galleries Wander around and immerse yourself in the art and galleries located at Ayers Rock Resort.
- Weddings Journey to Uluru in the spiritual heart of Australia for the ultimate wedding setting.
- Services & Facilities The Resort Town Square provides guests with a comprehensive range of services and shops.
- About Ayers Rock Resort An oasis in the middle of the desert, the iconic curves of Uluru are just the beginning.
- Maps You can experience the beauty of the living cultural landscape of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, in Australia's Northern Territory.
- What's On Throughout the year Ayers Rock Resort hosts a number of major annual and special events