Established by Voyages in 2003, the Mutitjulu Foundation raises money to fund projects in the local Aboriginal communities of Mutitjulu, Docker River, Imanpa, and others in the region. We cover an area of 350,000 sq km in the tri-state region of NT, SA and WA.
All monies raised through fundraising or private donations are used to minimise the effects of disadvantage. We only those projects that and make a positive difference by supporting the local communities in the vitally important areas of health, education and economic prosperity. With the ongoing support of guests, staff and corporate contributions, the Foundation has funded over $1,000,000 for community-initiated projects.
We’ve helped fund the construction of the Mutitjulu Flexible Aged Care Facility; support school holiday programs offering activities to keep youth engaged in healthy lifestyles; provide transport assistance for local women to visit culturally significant sites to record ceremonial and site-related knowledge for the first time; install disabled bathroom facilities at Ernabella Arts; provide I.T, sports and music equipment for local schools and youth programs; and renovate the old respite centre into the ‘Mutitjulu Community Place’. Many new projects are currently being undertaken and considered by the Mutitjulu Foundation.
Aṉangu (people) from Ngaanyatjarra, Pitjantjatjara and Yankunytjatjara (NPY) communities are empowered to improve their well-being through increased education, improved health and greater social and economic participation.
We promote and support successful participation in education, health and well-being, skills development, employment and sustainable enterprise development for Aṉangu.
- We value Aṉangu knowledge, experiences, practices, culture and beliefs
- We value respect, partnerships and success
- Support projects that align with our vision and achieve positive outcomes
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships between the Foundation, Aṉangu communities and Voyages through consultation, communication, cooperation and transparency
- Build and maintain relationships with external organisations that may assist us to achieve our objectives
- Market the Foundation to attract donors and increase revenue so we can continue to achieve our objectives