Apply for Funding
The Anangu Communities Foundation Board carefully considers all eligible applications to determine whether the submitted proposal fits within our funding priorities. Before submitting an application, please check that your proposal meets the following criteria:
- Your organisation must have, be endorsed, or auspiced by an organisation that is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as having Deductible Gift Recipient Type 1 (DGR1) status.
- Your proposal must be focused on addressing at least one of the Foundation’s charitable purposes:
- Improving health outcomes;
- Advancing education;
- Encouraging social and economic advancement through participation
- The project will be implemented in Anangu communities.
- Your proposal must demonstrate that it represents value for money.
- If required, other partnership funding is confirmed or being sought.
- The project is ready to implement.
What We Fund
- Projects that address inequity and that demonstrate outcomes that will make a positive impact in Anangu communities.
- Projects that promote education, health and wellbeing through social and economic advancement.
- Projects that are fully supported by the Anangu communities in which they will be delivered.
- Projects that are viable, sustainable and, where appropriate, have the support of other partners and stakeholders.
How do I apply for funding?
Email us at [email protected] or call the Foundation Manager on 0438 450 412 to discuss your proposal. If your proposal meets all the criteria, we will email or post you an Application Form.
How can I find out if my organisation has Deductible Gift Recipient Type 1 (DGR1) status?
Your tax status can be found by inputting your ABN into the ABN Lookup tool on the Australian Business Register.
What geographical area does the Anangu Communities Foundation cover?
The Anangu Communities Foundation covers the Anangu communities of Mutitjulu, Docker River, Kaltukatjara, Watarrka, Imanpa, and others in the Ngaanyatjarra Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara (NPY) region in central Australia.
What supporting documentation is required with my application?
- Quotes relating to the items being purchased by the grant funds must be included with your application.
- Letters of support from the landholders.
- Evidence of funding support from other partners.
- Any Business Plans or Strategic Plans.
What are the funding terms and conditions?
If your application is successful, the funding can only be allocated to the purposes specified in your application. The project must be implemented within the allocated budget and the Foundation will not be responsible for shortfalls. Where appropriate, quotes must be sourced for all items to be purchased. Acquittal and Project Reports must be submitted during or at the end of the project.
How are funding applications assessed?
Applications are assessed against each of the criteria. The Foundation relies on fundraising and donations – the amount approved will be dependent on the available budget. The Anangu Communities Foundation Board reviews all applications and decides which applications are approved.
What are some common reasons for unsuccessful applications?
- The applicant does not have (or is not auspiced by an organisation that has) DGR status with the ATO
- The proposal does not meet criteria
- The proposal does not address one of the Foundation's charitable purposes
- The community does not fully endorse the proposal
- The project is the responsibility of government or another agency
- The project does not represent value for money
- The project is a request for repeat or ongoing funding, and does not show long term viability
When will I find out if my application is successful?
Applications that seem to meet all the criteria are taken to the Anangu Communities Foundation board, which meets quaterly. You will be advised after the next Board meeting.
Can I get feedback on my application if I am unsuccessful?
Yes, you can call the Foundation Manager at 0438 450 412 to discuss your application.
I need more information, who can I contact to discuss?
Call the Foundation Manager at 0438 450 412 to discuss your proposal or email [email protected]