APPLY FOR FUNDING AND SUPPORT
The Anangu Communities Foundation Board carefully considers all eligible applications to determine whether the submitted proposal fits within the funding priorities. Before submitting an application, please check that your proposal meets the following criteria:
- Your organisation must have, be endorsed or be under the auspices of an organisation that is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as having Deductible Gift Recipient Type 1 (DGR1) status
- Your proposal must be focused on addressing at least one of the Foundation’s charitable purposes such as - improving health outcomes, advancing education and encouraging social and economic advancement through participation
- The project must be implemented in Anangu communities
- Your proposal must demonstrate that it represents value for money
- If required, other partnership funding is confirmed or being sought
- The project is ready to implement.
WHAT WE FUND
- Projects that address inequity and that demonstrate outcomes making a positive impact in Anangu communities
- Projects that promote education, health and wellbeing through social and economic advancement
- Projects that are fully supported by the Anangu communities in which they will be delivered
- Projects that are viable, sustainable and, where appropriate, have the support of other partners and stakeholders
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find out if my organisation has Deductible Gift Recipient Type 1 (DGR1) status?
Your tax status can be found by inputting your ABN into the ABN Lookup tool on the Australian Business Register.
What geographical area does the Anangu Communities Foundation cover?
The Anangu Communities Foundation covers the Anangu communities in the Ngaanyatjarra, Pitjantjatjara and Yankunytjatjara (NPY) region in central Australia.
What supporting documentation is required with my application?
- Three competitive quotes relating to the items being purchased by the grant funds must be included with your application
- Letters of support from the landholders
- Evidence of funding support from other partners
- Any Business Plans or Strategic Plans
- Floor plan or project design if applicable
What are the funding terms and conditions?
If your application is successful, the funding can only be allocated to the purposes specified in your application. The project must be implemented within the allocated budget and meet the time line specified in the application. The Foundation will not be responsible for shortfalls. Where appropriate, quotes must be sourced for all items to be purchased. Acquittal and Project Reports must be submitted during or at the end of the project. If the funding is over $50,000, the Foundation will disperse the amount in two or more parts at its discretion. If the timeline of the project as specified in the documents submitted is not met, the Foundation holds the authority to stop the release of future funds and also ask for the reversal of the funds already paid.
How are funding applications assessed?
Applications are assessed against each of the criteria. The Foundation relies on fundraising and donations and the amount approved will be dependent on the available budget. The Anangu Communities Foundation Board reviews all applications and decides which applications are approved.
What are some common reasons for unsuccessful applications?
- The applicant does not have or is not under the auspices of an organisation that has) DGR status with the ATO
- The proposal does not meet criteria
- The proposal does not address one of the Foundation's charitable purposes
- The community does not fully endorse the proposal
- The project is the responsibility of the government or another agency
- The project does not represent value for money
- The project is a request for repeat or ongoing funding, and does not show long term viability
- The project is not sustainable and environment friendly
- The project does not meet the expectations of the community stakeholders
How do I apply for funding?
To apply for funding, please complete the following steps:
Collect the applicable supporting documents (please refer to ‘WHAT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION IS REQUIRED WITH MY APPLICATION?’)
Download and complete the Project Proposal Funding Application Form
Send both the supporting documents and Funding Application Form to: [email protected]
For any additional queries, please Contact Us and a member of our team would be thrilled to help you.
When will I find out if my application is successful?
One of the Foundation’s team members will revert soon after the assessment of the proposal. Please email [email protected] for any queries.
I need more information, who can I contact to discuss?
Email - [email protected]
Address - Anangu Communities Foundation, PO Box 135, Yulara NT 0872, Australia
Every bit helps
Supporting the Anangu Communities Foundation can be as easy as donating online, providing necessary supplies or equipment, or organising a fundraiser in your office or local school. If you have any questions about the Foundation, please get in touch and a member of our team would be thrilled to help you.
Thank you for all donations, large and small – every bit helps to support, protect, and nurture these incredible Aboriginal communities and share their culture and knowledge with the world.