Following a sell-out success in its fourth year, the Tjungu Festival will return to Ayers Rock Resort from Thursday 26 April to Sunday 29 April 2018. Tjungu, (pronounced tjoo-ngoo), means meeting together in local Anangu language and will celebrate the best of Australian Indigenous culture.
This year, country music star Troy Cassar-Daley and super model Samantha Harris, AFL Legend Nicky Winmar and celebrity chef Mark Olive will headline to festivities joined by a host of emerging Indigenous performers.
- Local Anangu welcome to country with Inma dance
- Lively interactive markets where Indigenous artists showcase their work and traditional bush foods can be sampled
- Indigenous fashion parade led by Samantha Harris
- Selection of traditional and contemporary indigenous musicians and bands
- Exclusive outdoor desert dining experience “Tastes of Tjungu” with a contemporary bush food inspired menu and special performance by Troy Cassar-Daley (charges apply for this event)
- Tjungu Cup, an AFL match featuring local Mutitjulu and Yulara football teams including on field entertainment.
Download: 2018 Tjungu Festival Program Guide