Ayers Rock Resort
4-Day Ultimate Short Break Itinerary
For the ultimate short break spend three nights and four days discovering the heart of Australia. With over 65 tours and activities on offer you can plan for action-packed days. Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park is a great alternative for your next short break.
Ayers Rock Resort features six distinctly unique accommodation options from the five-star Sails in the Desert, and award winning Desert Gardens Hotel, to the self contained Emu Walk Apartments, the authentic Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge to the Ayers Rock Campground.
- Fly into Ayers Rock Airport and take the 10-minute courtesy transfer to your hotel.
- Take the Uluru (Ayers Rock) base walk and get a close-up view of this ancient monolith
- Join Aboriginal artists at the Cultural Centre for an introduction to Aboriginal Art and try your hand at dot painting.
- Experience the Sounds of Silence buffet dinner under the stars and watch the sun set behind Uluru and Kata Tjuta
- Discover the massive domes of Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) on a guided tour
- Enjoy a scenic helicopter tour, with views over Uluru, Kata Tjuta and even the great salt late - Lake Amadeus
- For dinner, experience the do-it-yourself BBQ at the Outback Pioneer BBQ and Bar
- Take pleasure in some billy tea and beer-bread after you explore the red desert on your sunrise camel tour
- Enjoy some lunch back at the Resort and take a refreshing dip in one of the pools around the Resort
- In the afternoon depart on your Uluru Sunset Motorcycle Tour, and enjoy the changing colours from the back of a Harley Davidson
- Enjoy a later start and some breakfast at the Resort before heading out for your Mala Walk Tour. Travel with an Aboriginal guide, and visit the many painted caves of the Mala people that surround Uluru
- Head back to the Resort and relax by the pool or visit the Mulgara Gallery and meet and watch talented artists from the 'Artist in Residence' program at work before your trip home.
Download the 4-Day Ultimate Short Break Itinerary