Ayers Rock Resort
5-Day Family Holiday Experience
Spiritually rich, the heart of Australia known as the Red Centre has remarkable experiences just waiting for you and your family to explore. Your children will learn the dreamtime stories as told in the stars, see the sun rise over Uluru, have breakfast in the middle of the desert and circumnavigate Uluru.
Ayers Rock Resort has great family accommodation options including Emu Walk Apartments featuring fully serviced one and two bedroom apartments and 5-star Sails in the Desert Hotel (offering adjoining rooms if required).
- Fly into Ayers Rock Airport and take the 10-minute courtesy transfer to your accommodation.
- Lounge by the pool and order a snack from Pira Pool Bar while Mum enjoys a spa treatment at the Red Ochre Spa
- Experience the award winning Sounds of Silence dinner under the stars (suitable for children 10 yrs+) - babysitting service available for children under 10 years of age
- Before sunrise travel by bus into the outback on the Desert Awakenings tour or an Indigenous guided walk where the kids will learn about lore and history by a member of the local Anangu community
- Take an afternoon helicopter ride for the ultimate pictures to take back to school for show and tell, and discover the enormity of the region with views over both Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)
- Enjoy a BBQ dinner at the Outback Pioneer, play some pool and listen to some great live music in a relaxed family atmosphere
- Take a sunrise camel ride tour (suitable for children 5 yrs+) and let your children discover the outback and the creatures in their burrows. A light breakfast is provided so no need to worry about hungry tummies!
- Circumnavigate Uluru on the 10.6km base walk and get a close up view of the ancient monolith of Ayers Rock. We recommend your start the base walk from the Mala car park in the morning to escape the crowds (Approx 3.5 hours)
- Visit the National Park Cultural Centre and try your hand at dot painting, learn about the history of the region and its people and make sure you read the "Sorry" book
- Discover the massive domes of Kata Tjuta on a guided tour or take a day trip to Mount Conner and visit the ancient inland salt lake - many people when driving towards Uluru often mistake Mount Conner for the infamous Ayers Rock!
- Visit the Mulgara Gallery with the 'Artist & Craftsperson in Residence' program where you get to meet and watch talented artists at work. Don't forget to pick up a souvenir to take home.
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast at one of the Resort's many restaurants, lounge by the pool and reflect on the great family holiday you have just experienced before you plan for your return home.
Download the 5-Day Family Holiday Itinerary